Health experts have been saying for decades that salt is bad for you and your blood pressure. I will agree that BAD salt is bad for you. Table salt, the kind in the blue container with the little girl and the umbrella and like brands, is processed which means it is heated to 1200 degrees. I am not a fan of heat. I believe heat ruins many foods, including the cholesterol in meat and eggs. It changes the structure of the food. So rare meat that is grass fed is my choice. This common table salt also has 2.5% OTHER chemicals, including anti-caking agents that are not food and should not be ingested. Sodium aluminosilicate, which is one of the other ingredients in most table salt, has side effects that include bloating and sluggishness and because it contains aluminum makes it hazardous by itself as aluminum is a toxic heavy metal.
Sea salt use to be a healthier choice but even that is being adulterated or processed.
Himalayan salt, which is mined and not processed:
- Promotes vascular health
- Promotes respiratory health
- Supports your libido
- Promotes sinus health
- Regulates the sodium/potassium balance in the body
- Is helpful in the prevention of muscle cramps
- Promotes bone strength
- Helps promote a normal sleep cycle
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Balances Ph
- Contains 84 minerals that are essential to the human body and our health.
- Along with water, it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure
So don’t be afraid to use salt, but remember to put it on the food after it is on the plate. Don’t use it while cooking.